Choosing the best WordPress backup plugin is not an easy task. There are many plugins to choose from, and each one claims to be the most reliable.
But which should you trust? In this article, we will review UpdraftPlus Best WordPress Backup Plugin in detail so that you can make a decision for yourself based on our findings.
What is UpdraftPlus and How Does It Work?
UpdraftPlus is a WordPress backup plugin that will back up your site the moment you install it. You can create an endless number of backups and offers secure SSL encryption for all data transfers. You can choose to make these backups public or private, so they are perfect if you’re looking to move sites without losing any content in the process.
UpdraftPlus has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface that makes it possible for novice users to create backups. It also offers a convenient version control system, so you can see the changes made in each backup on your site.
The plugin features premium plugins like Ping-O-Matic which alerts website owners when their sites are down and VaultPress which backs up your site for a monthly fee.
UpdraftPlus Backup Plugin is the perfect choice if you’re looking for a reliable, easy-to-use backup solution that can offer protection from hackers and data loss problems.
Why Should You Use A Backup Plugin?
Suppose that your site has been hacked or you’ve lost data, the last thing you want to do is rebuild it from scratch. In addition, it is time-consuming and tedious to do this, which could be avoided by using a backup plugin like UpdraftPlus Backup Plugin.
By using this plugin, you can simply open up your dashboard and paste in one command to restore your site to the way it was before.
Choosing a backup plugin can be complicated, but with the UpgradePlus Backup Plugin, you’ll have plenty of options that are easy for beginners and still reliable enough for more experienced users too.
UpdraftPlus: How To Install The Backup Plugin
UpdraftPlus is as simple to install as any other plugin. Following are the steps you need to take:
In your WordPress dashboard proceed to Plugins > Add New.
Type UpdraftPlus into the search bar.
Click the ‘Install Now’ button for the UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin, then click ‘Activate.’
How to install UpdraftPlus Premium [VIDEO]
If you want to purchase UpdraftPlus Premium or get add-ons to enhance your free edition, then click here.
If you have already bought, and want the installation instructions, then go here.
UpdraftPlus: How to Use the Best WordPress Backup Plugin
Once you have installed it, it’s easy to set up your first backup of WordPress. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Choose Settings > UpdraftPlus Backups in your WordPress menu. The UpdraftPlus settings page will open.
- Choose the Settings tab placed at the top.
UpdraftPlus allows you to schedule backup frequency here. You can choose whichever schedule works best for you and your site. Regularly updating your site with new pages and posts may call for a more frequent backup.
The number of backups stored at one time can also be adjusted. A new backup will overwrite any old one.
3. Choose the location where you want your backups to be stored.
You can choose where to store your files by scrolling down the page. Several remote storage options are compatible with UpdraftPlus, so you can pick the one that works best for you.
4. The instructions for each of the storage options will appear once it has been selected. At the bottom of the page, press the blue ‘Save Changes’ button.
By upgrading to UpdraftPremium, you can backup to more than one location and customize your backups further.
As soon as you specify your storage location and how often you would like to backup your site, UpdraftPlus will carry out your first site backup without your involvement.
Restoring Your WordPress Site From a Backup
Now that your site is frequently backed up, you’re safe knowing that you can recover and restore it if anything goes wrong. How would you restore your site with UpdraftPlus if the worst happened?
- Go to Settings
2. Procced to UpdraftPlus Backups in your WordPress menu. (Your UpdraftPlus settings will be displayed again.)
3. Go to the Existing Backups section by scrolling down the page.
4. Click on UpdraftPlus backup and restore
5. Click the blue Restore button when you find the backup that you want to restore
6. You’ll then see a popup that asks you which elements of your database you want to restore.
7. Select the ones that you want to be restored. By clicking Restore, you can restore any of the selected items.
Your restore will be successful when a message appears telling you so.
It is essential to use a WordPress backup plugin if you want to protect your site from hacking, updates that go wrong, and server crashes.
In fact, you can do this for free using UpdraftPlus, the most trusted backup and restoration plugin in the world.
By investing in UpdraftPlus Premium, you also receive the following added features:
- It allows you to carry out updates in a test environment by cloning your website
- Make backups during the times of day when there are fewer users on your website
- Safe storage at multiple locations
- Backup reports that are detailed
- UpdraftPlus backups can be password protected to prevent unauthorized access
- Making backups automatically before updating WordPress themes, plugins, and core
- With UpdraftPlus, you’ll get the best security for your website