How To Create Subdomain In Cloudways Hosting | Importance of Subdomain
What is your experience with creating subdomains for your main domain? How does it benefit you? What is the process for creating a subdomain in Cloudways hosting? Let’s take a look at all the details in this post.
The search engine considers a subdomain as a new site because it is an extension of the main domain.
Subdomains are easy to create. However, there are some technical procedures you will have to undertake.
Subdomains are created by bloggers and site owners to let visitors access a specific event without getting distracted by other information on the site.
For our niche content, we do Google ranking experiments and plugin and theme features testing.
The subdomains are considered different sites under the primary domain, so if you have a complex website, they should be made.
There are several benefits to using subdomains! First, let’s review them, then we’ll get into how to add the subdomain in Cloudways.
Benefits Of Creating Subdomains
- There is no additional charge for creating subdomains.
- The topical authority helps to increase the site crawl rate and get higher search engine rankings.
- The structured content on a website will attract more visitors if it is organized with subdomains.
- With a domain extension, you can easily establish a brand identity for your company.
- The international reach of your business is more likely to be achieved by targeting audiences in different geographic locations.
- A subdomain can be used to launch an eCommerce store or a mobile site.
- With the subdomain, you can check out the features and test the performance of plugins and themes.
- Google does not penalize your primary site or other subdomains if any of your subdomains are penalized.
- To understand the search engine algorithms, you can use this section of the website for learning purposes.
- Teamwork is made easier with subdomains. If you need to edit/write the content, test the third-party tools installed, etc, you don’t need to share the login credentials of the main site. Instead, you can give access to the specific sub-sites.
Steps To Create Subdomain In Cloudways Hosting
Since many years our agency has used Cloudways hosting service. Dedicated businesses and professional bloggers can use it to optimize their web assets for the latest tech trends and to pass core web vital assessments.
Let us know how this best Cloud hosting worked for you. The following is a guide to creating a Subdomain in Cloudways without further ado.
In minutes, you can complete the technical task by following the step-by-step instructions.
Step 1 – Login to your Cloudways account and enter the Admin Panel section.
Step 2 – On the top menu, click Applications > Add Applications > Choose Main Server > Add Application
Step 3: In the select Application setting, select the WordPress version, choose a subdomain name, and pick your main domain under “Select your Project.” Click on Add Application.
Step 4: Now as your Subdomain installs, a message will appear. Navigate to Applications >> and then to Newly Created Sub Domain. You can view the predefined “WordPress Admin Panel URL” that was created by the Cloudways hosting.
Step 5: Open your Subdomain in a new tab by clicking that URL. We must, however, point the Subdomain at the domain registered website.
Step 6: In order to point the Subdomain, take a copy of your Cloudways Public IP address and go to a website where you had registered your domain name like Bluehost, GoDaddy, Namesilo or Namecheap.
Step 7: If its GoDaddy, then Login into your account, and click on “My Products.” Under the heading of “Domains.” Click “Manage DNS” to configure the records.
Step 8: Select “Add” from the drop-down menu. Now, you must enter four values – Type, Name, Value, and TTL as A, @, public IP (which we copied from the Cloudways admin panel), and Custom (600 seconds), respectively. Hit “Add Record”
Step 9: After including the “A” record, we will enter the “CName” record via an identical procedure. Click on “Add” and feed the values for Type, Name, Value, and TTL as CName, Sub Domain Name, default WordPress admin panel URL (from the Cloudways dashboard), and Custom (600 seconds), in that order. Then click “Add Record.”
- While filling out the Admin panel URL, do not include “https://.”
- The records to point the Subdomain have been added to the domain registration site successfully.
Step 10: Navigate to Cloudways Admin settings >> Domain Management. Please enter the name for the Primary domain as “SUBDOMAIN NAME.MAINDOMAIN.COM.” Click on “Save Changes” after entering the name.
For instance: YOUR NAME.userthemes.com (Subdomain + Main domain)
Step 11: Make sure the SSL certificate is installed for the created Subdomain. Navigate to “SSL Certificate” and type in your registered Email Address and Subdomain name. Click on “Install Certificate.”
The SSL installation will take a few seconds, and you’ll see a message confirming the installation. Now click “Save Changes.”
Step 12: Navigate to “Access Details” and check the URL for the admin panel. The URL of the newly created Subdomain will be updated. Verify your Subdomain’s URL by clicking it. The URL has been updated.
To confirm this, go to WordPress Dashboard >> Settings >> General. Review “WordPress Address” and “Site Address.” Both will be the same.
How To Create Subdomain: Summary
The subdomains simplify the hierarchy of your website, so you can offer your visitors the best user experience. Additionally, it improves SEO performance by including keywords in the URL and indexing content faster.
Thanks for letting me show you how to create a subdomain in Cloudways hosting through step-by-step instructions.
Now, you tell! Do you agree with the benefits of creating the subdomains for your main website? How is your hosting experience with Cloudways managed server?